This thing grows! Always click this HOME button to ensure you see the most recent SC posts!

To see older posts, you can either use the date selector in the Blog Archive (RH side), or just click through using the Older Posts link at the bottom of each page.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

RIP Steve Jobs, and thanks....

1955-2011

I know as much about technology as I know about Harleys, and I like to think that's more than the average person. And as a biker, I also know what it's like to do down the other path, following a different drummer.

Steve Jobs did that with technology, never jumping on the PC bandwagon, and always going his own way. And I, and I daresay many others, benefitted from Steve's decision to follow his heart instead of jumping into the mainstream flow of technology and ideas.

So Steve, thanks for helping me to write Southern Comfort. Much of the early posting was done on a nifty iPhone on the side of the road. I spent some great weeks on the road back then...just me and my Harley. But that iPhone kept me in touch and allowed others to share the fun, and all without me having to haul around an electronics store. And while I'm at it, thanks for some other totally cool stuff. 

But mostly, Steve, thanks for not following the crowd. Not sure if you ever rode, but you sure thought like a biker.

RIP

Cowboy


No comments:

Post a Comment