Frankly, the idea of rain, I-95, and those goddamn trucks blowing my bike all over doesn't exactly sound like fun! Ah, the hell with it. I'll just ride easy and take a few days to go the last 640 miles. With that 640, I'll top 3,100 total for the trip. Maybe more if I detour to Charleston.
When I was checking my camera tonight, I realized I hadn't taken a single picture all day, with the exception of the few after I stopped. I was just putting away the miles today, and didn't see anything along I-10 that was remotely interesting. First day that's happened.
- Have been in hotels for almost 2 weeks and haven't had one wake-up call or set an alarm clock
- think this 2008 Softail Custom is the best damn motorcycle ever built. What a great bike! Two thumbs up for Harley Davidson!!
- think it's cool having friends following me online and cheering me on. I have great friends, and one awesome new one in Kentucky! An unexpected trip bonus!
- can't help but realize this ride is about to end. It took a long time to put this together and it's ending way too soon
- might never get my bike looking new again. Charlie rubbed off a little dirt for me in NOLA but it's back.
- like the windshield and bags, but can't wait to strip it back down
And so on. Guess I'll get some sleep. I'll need the energy tomorrow.