This thing grows! Always click this HOME button to ensure you see the most recent SC posts!

To see older posts, you can either use the date selector in the Blog Archive (RH side), or just click through using the Older Posts link at the bottom of each page.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Where to ?


Threatening storm clouds and the all-too-alluring beach town of Destin, Florida, stopped me in my tracks Saturday, and I've been here ever since. I'd never seen water this color in the States before, and when matched with the sugar-white sand color, the effect is irresistible. And the girls ain't hard to look at either!!

Florida doesn't seem to require bikers to wear helmets, and I haven't worn one for the entire stay. Riding up and down the coastal road with the wind in my hair reminded me of the good old days in Ocean City, Maryland. Not sure where I am with the helmet thing for road trips. They're probably a good idea, but I don't like being forced to wear one.

I spent a little of yesterday at various places including the beach, a hangout known as AJ's, Hooters (of course), and even a little riding around to check out the more affordable areas where someone might want to live. Just for reference. He'll, I even went boat shopping. Boat shopping is fun even when the boats are hopelessly out of my price range. The place was closed so I could roam at will.









I had thoughts of staying another day, but I'd better get moving. There may be another alluring town between here and Alexandria that might require a little extra time.

And that brings me to the morning's primary thought. I'm now on the way home, and therefore nearing the end of this ride. Yeah, I know. I've got the whole fucking week and should quit whining. So I will!!
I've got a couple choices this morning: ride east to Tallahassee, or ride north on some true back roads into Alabama. Or is it Georgia. Can't remember.

Ok, gotta load up the bike and get moving. Got a little sunburn yesterday, and I'm reminded of it as I'm moving around.

Cowboy

No comments:

Post a Comment