This thing grows! Always click this HOME button to ensure you see the most recent SC posts!

To see older posts, you can either use the date selector in the Blog Archive (RH side), or just click through using the Older Posts link at the bottom of each page.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Is it time to go? Are we there yet?

It's 3 weeks until I leave and I practically can't stand the wait. I am soooo excited about the ride it ain't funny. I'm sure my friends are as sick of hearing me talk about it as I am eager to chat away....Sorry, but it'll get worse before it gets better. Probably MUCH worse.

Latest minutiae:

I scrapped the netbook idea and sent it back. Blogging and a few pix will happen from my iPhone. And I'll buy another SD card for the camera to store better pix on and download them later...

I'm using the refund from the netbook to get a decent motorcycle GPS, and that seems to make a lot more sense. Who knows what back roads I might get lost on, and cell service isn't always available.....Proved that coming back from Charlotte 2 weekends ago.

All the other junk is in, and at some point I'll have to break down, install it all, and leave it on the bike. I'll just have to get used to it. When packed, I'll probably be carrying 100-125 pounds of gear....maybe a little more......

I did make some hotel reservations for Birmingham, a reluctant lean toward having an itinerary, but I do want to get back to Barber Motorsports Museum for a second look, and figured having a decent place to stay that night made sense. The next morning, I make the run from Birmingham to New Orleans to hook up with my playmates.

And last but not least, I'm damn near broke from buying all this stuff, but I gotta go. It'd be poor form to buy gear for a trip, but not be able to go because you spent all the money on gear instead of the trip. Or something like that.....