This thing grows! Always click this HOME button to ensure you see the most recent SC posts!

To see older posts, you can either use the date selector in the Blog Archive (RH side), or just click through using the Older Posts link at the bottom of each page.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 3, Mississippi


About 240 miles today, but very few on an interstate, and many, many stops along the way.




I picked up the Natchez Trace Parkway just south of Nashville, and what a nice ride. Sometimes I went for a mile or two without seeing another vehicle. Pretty scenery and smooth turns, and not a billboard, store, or neon sign in sight. In fact, I got off at Buzzard Corner just to see a few stores, lights, and signs.


From there, I had a chance to visit Corinth, MS, the site of a major Civil War battle. On the Shiloh battlefield, there's a special place called a Civil War Interpretation Center which allows research and emphasizes Corinth's, and Mississippi's, role in the Civil War.




And from there to Tupelo, the birthplace of Elvis. I visited his first home and the church he attended.
Tonight I'm staying in. I'm a little road-worn and NASCAR is on. Besides, I found out (sniff) that Hooters bypassed Tupelo. (I wonder how people eat?!?!)


Cowboy
sent from iPhone Land.....

No comments:

Post a Comment