This thing grows! Always click this HOME button to ensure you see the most recent SC posts!

To see older posts, you can either use the date selector in the Blog Archive (RH side), or just click through using the Older Posts link at the bottom of each page.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 1 of Ride, Christiansburg, VA






264 miles for a head start. Snuck out early and was able to escape the DC rush hour traffic. Can get a decent rum to Bristol in the morning and get off this damn interstate. Played leapfrog with trucks and tourists all the way.

Every time I've stopped, a conversation started, with people interested in the bike and where I'm heading. Surprised looks when I tell them New Orleans. Maybe I don't look capable?!?! LOL. At least I know I won't be starving for conversation or company. I love the South.

So here's tonight's campground. Nothing dramatic. Cracker Barrel across the lot and all the Virginia Tech girls I can eat. Woops. Can't believe I said that.......

Cowboy

No comments:

Post a Comment